Saturday, May 30, 2009

update

SORRY! I didn't manage to get any updates while we were at the hospital. We're home now and all is well-back to normal anyway, with the kids fighting. A ton of test later, they never did find Gage's infection. The infectious disease team decided the bumps were sterile absesses. So, Thursday morning they pulled one shunt completely out and internalized the other. We stayed the night, had more CT scans and x-rays and they sent us home with a much happier kiddo, with 62 stitches, covered in iodine which we can't wash completely for 2 weeks. Claire and Judd had their surgeries on Thursday also. Three kids in surgery in one day has got to be some kind of record. There's was so quick. They both came back screaming mad (they say the anesthesia messes them up), but they seem happy now.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything is going good, I can't believe all that happened in the same day!!! Let me know if you need anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolby and Zack had a million questions about Gage's surgeries. I told them all about it and about two minutes later Zack said tell me about Gage again. Kolby asked me if I had any pictures and I said I didn't have my camera. He said well didn't you have your phone? Generation gap, I didn't even think of my phone for pictures. Can you post a picture of Gage for them? Let him show some of his battle scars? I was glad I could be there to help some. We love you and are so amazed by your strength and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY!!! Are you there? Becky got in touch with me a few months ago, and we're thinking it's time for an update from everyone do you want to get together? We are in Sandy right now, are you still in Utah? email me tiffaniewride@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete